THIS TEST PACKAGE IS INTENDED FOR EXISTING CANADIAN MEDICOR PATIENTS ONLY.
Maintrac® circulating tumour cell count (CTC count) provides information on whether a cancer therapy is effective or not. If the number of cells decreases during therapy, this is normally an indication that the therapy is having an effect. If the cell count increases during the therapy period, this generally indicates that optimization of the therapy would be recommended.
Maintrac® CTC count can monitor not only the therapy itself, but also the subsequent course of disease after completing therapy (even when no tumours are visible on a scan or when immunotherapy can cause false readings on a scan). Measuring CTC count immediately after finishing treatment can identify therapy failure very early.
Maintrac® is designed for epithelial tumours (carcinomas), but also works for brain cancers and sarcomas. Not for lymphoma, leukemia or myeloma.
Instructions – every step is mandatory, failure to follow the exact procedure will delay your testing:
- Download and read the Maintrac Patient Information handout.
- Download and complete the Maintrac Checklist and Consent. If the checklist confirms the test is suitable for you at this time, proceed with the next steps.
- Purchase the Maintrac test kit on this page.
- Return Maintrac Checklist by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 416-227-1915.
- Once we have all the completed Maintrac Checklist, it will be reviewed and a test kit will be shipped to you.
- Obtain and send your blood sample to the lab according to the instructions provided in the kit.
- We will contact you within a short time after we receive the test results.