Standard screening test: NONE
Pelvic ultrasound and CA125 can be used, but have not been shown to reduce mortality. Limited sensitivity and specificity.
Known risk factors
- Family history of ovarian cancer.
- BRCA gene mutations, Lynch syndrome, nulliparity.
- Family history of breast cancer (possibly colorectal, uterine or pancreatic cancer).
- Personal history of breast cancer.
- Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
- Hormone replacement therapy.
- Asbestos exposure.
Additional facts & information:
5 Year Survival
- Stage 0 – no data
- Stages 1&2 – 92%
- Stage 3 – 73%
- Stage 4 – 29%
About 79% of cases are diagnosed late at stage 3 or stage 4.